The Church of Santa Maria de Lama is one of the oldest churches built in Salerno, when the city was under the control of the Lombard power, between the tenth and eleventh centuries . The name “de Lama” is probably due to the stream (Lamia) that flowed close to the church below the street level.Continue reading “A Lombard Church in Salerno”
Big news at the Archaeological Museum of Naples. After six years the Egyptian Section and the Epigraphic section will be reopened to the public, with more than 1400 exhibits and 10 rooms completely reorganized. BOOK A TOUR WITH US!